red?


Today is that dreaded holiday…. In the past I’ve written poems that flow with the reasons this day stinks.  This year I’m just not feeling that poetic lol.   I hate the color pink.  I hate mushy gooshiness.  Even when I was with someone I still hated this holiday.  I hated not knowing what to get them or how to be super excited without pulling out roses or pink hearts.   …. I hate roses.  I think they’re pretty, but they are just boring to me, and way too serious.  I hate the obligation behind today – the obligation for couples to do things for each other that are so much more special if they’re done randomly through out the year.
This year I hate it even more.  The thing is, it’s almost a content dislike.   Pulled into the festivities I REALLY hate it, but being left to treat it as another day I don’t mind the fact that couples everywhere are oohing and ahhing.  

Don’t get me wrong, I hate it in the romantic sense and I strongly dislike the décor…. However, I love buying my friends little valentines.  Now that we are “too old”  to put them in each others shoe boxes during lunch, the little cards are that much more of a surprise.   I love having an excuse to remind my friends how much I like them : )     -- even I can have a sensitive side.  

Now on with happy hearting. 

Comments

Popular Posts