Ground 9

There was a time that I knew everyone. Everywhere I went I never met someone I didn’t know. I loved that. Now, I still have my name… Everyone still knows what I’m famous for, but it’s not quite like it used to be. I mean, I guess it’s nice to have a little more privacy [after all, that is what I wanted] but I meant from the fame, not from my “friends”. I guess I knew that not all of them were actually my friends, but it was still nice to always have someone to actually talk to. .. I liked to think that they were friends and not just fans, but now I’m starting to see how wrong I actually was. Not that anyone ignores me, its just different to be like everyone else. …. Wow, now I sound cocky or power hungry or something – but it’s not like that. … Its not the fame that I miss [ everyone thinking they know me isn’t that much fun] I guess it’s that scene that I miss… I miss it when people actually listened to me. Not that no one ever argued with me or anything, but when they did I still had my reputation backing me up or it was just a friendly disagreement… I’m not used to people actually thinking I’m stupid or don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m not used to actually having to take people’s attitudes.. I guess its worth having my own life back, but its something I have to get used to. Fame isn’t a permanent thing; you wount always have a list of invitations waiting. People still know my name, but they’ve forgotten about me. Now I can finally take a step forward and think about my life and what I want to make of it.

Comments

Popular Posts