An unwise man

When my husband and I first got engaged, the church we with said they wouldn't support us unless we moved our wedding back. At first, we obliged. After a month or two we both agreed that we felt god wanted us to elope and get married on the origional date.. We informed the church and then called my father... But the church had already called him to inform him of our "horrible decision" and had asked him to talk us out of it. My father would not. He was going to support us no matter what. But the church had already deprived us of asking for my dads blessing in the decision. And they went out to express their disapproval and unsupported of us and our marriage. Not we've been happily married and still after fights do not regret the decision to follow Jesus over one leader in the church. They never did apologize or decide to support us. Today my mother told me I was wrong for thinking that man is unwise. My mom is just as closed minded as he and I there was one thing in this event that I would change it is ever giving that guy the opportunity to Hurt us like he did

Comments

Popular Posts