National geographic live

“If God had a face, what would it look like?” [Sheryl crow, what if god was one of us]

I was ready national geographic today.  I’m not one to sit down and read an informative story… they normally end up really boring about something I care nothing about.  Today was different.  I actually apprietiated what I read.  There was one article that made me see God and apprietiate my own love for art.  The article was adorned with photos of old buildings that had been abandoned and graffittied and overgrown with nature.  The article talked about the life of a building and I actually understood the article for once, but what got me was one of the photos, a photo of graffiitii.  The graffiti said “my heart is missing”   and while the article was about the building, it was the graffiti that actually inspired me.   Graffiti is looked down on but if you take a second to look at the sin you can see a poem so much deeper than words.  This photo captured such an innocent and simple graffiti but when I saw the desperation in the words that painted the unloved and abandoned building I saw something that stirred the emotions in my heart and expressed my own emotionless feeling that has haunted me the past few months.  It’s not that you don’t care, but that you can’t feel to care.  It’s a feeling so helpless that you can’t be or feel helpless.  It’s something caused by lovers or losses and yet the thing that stirred me to inspire was a simple graffiti in such a beautiful building…. A building that had been abandoned and still shone brighter than some of the building that are still being born. 
“ If God had a face, what would it look like?”   He would look like one of us.  With pain in our hearts, Desperation in our eyes, and determination on our mind.  Or he might look like the graffiti on the wall of a beautifully abandoned building.

Comments

Popular Posts