Happy Turkey-ing.

Today will be spent with the fam in a small town about 30 min from where I live.  I’m sure there will be turkey (call me un-american, but this is not my favorite food) and stuffing and sweet potatoes (yum).   I’m sure everyone will be right on que to roll their eyes as my mother decides we need to say what we’re thankfull for.
It’s not that I’m not thankful for my family and my country and my god and my life in general, but we all know those things already and these little “exersizes” just seem silly since no one is going to come up with anything new from last year unless someone got a new job or a new baby or a new house. 
So I’m going to do a little pre brainstorming and try to come up with something creative to every other year:

Boring, every year, answers:
Family
Church
Freedom
Good food
Warm house

Of course those are all true but what else can I put on that list:
Lessons learned
Hard time that make me tough
Eccentric, unusual style that is bold enough to be my own
Unusual controversial ideas that god gives me to keep life exciting.
Independence that builds me into who I want me to be
The ability to live my own life despite what the world wants. 
A God that thinks I’m beautiful even when the world says my life is ugly.

I live a life that non-christians don’t understand and Christians think is wrong.  I like this life.   I mess up but I try.   God still loves me.  I drink beer and I’m friends with worldly people….. but I think God loves me because of that.  I’m loving God in a godless world.  Get over it.  I’m thankful that God has given me the life of a sinner, at least I can relate to the world now.  I can befriend them and I can be a witness. 

What am I thankful for?  Sure I understand your boring answers, but I like mine better because they actually take heart to be thankful for my answers.

I am thankful for everything in my life that stands me apart from traditional or stereotypical.  I am thankful for anything that makes me bold when the rest of the world will sit back.   I am thankful for everything that I never wanted…. Everything that has molded me into me. 

What am I thankful for?  I am thankful for a life without regret., not a single regret. 

Give me an answer that you’ve never heard before. What are you thankful for?

Happy turkey : )

Comments

Popular Posts