If you love me too.

I love you. I can’t tell you because I’ve let my heart be broken before and I don’t think it can handle it twice, but I do. I didn’t think I’d ever care for you like this, but I do. The way you ask me if I’m mad and the way you carry me even if it’s just across the room. It’s not even been a day since I’ve seen you, and already I miss your curls and the way you sit close enough that at least our knees touch.
Now I have to move on. I thought I would find some sort of freedom in being single again, but I’m not interested in checking out guys . I don’t have any lingering anger or aggravation towards you. I don’t have any ambitions that I can now fill.
I hope you’re not too hurt. I hope you don’t cry over me. I hope you don’t get too depressed and I hope you don’t miss me too much. I want to be wanted, but not at the expense of your feelings. I would rather you be happy than morning over the end of us.
I’m not about to pull out the “well lets just be friends” line because that is so cheesy and cheap and fake, but I do want to see you. … We may be over as a couple, but I still care about you and I still want to see you around once in a while. I still want to spend time with you and I still want to be a part of your life…. Maybe that is asking too much of you too soon, but if you can handle it I would like to see you again.... or better yet, just come show me that your words were not empty. I wouldn't mind having you around. We maybe over, but that doesn't mean it has to be - I still want to love you.

Comments

Popular Posts