social boundries

Every body has their aspirations and goals weather they be love or changing the world everybody has theirs. Often times poetry can be a window into the soul and sometimes that window can show their heart’s deepest desires. My deepest aspiration is to praise God. I love God; he has become the love of my life. I want every moment of my life to be for my God. I don't want to live an ordinary and expected life. I don't want to conform to what others expect of me. I don't want to live a safe or useless life. I want to do what others dream and dream of that which others believe undreamable. I want to go where others fear and fear what others expect. I want to take risks and live dreams. My deepest and strongest Goal is to be true to myself and help others learn who they really are.
Kids grow up being told that they can only be certain things. I want to do what others believe impossible. I don't want to be held in by what others tell me are attainable. In every society the people are told what is possible and impossible. In our society we are told how we should act and what we should wear and were we should go. We are looked down upon for being different and judged for being unique. We are expected to be simple and confirmative. Anyone who plays out his or her own style is judged as rebellious. Exotic colored hair is riotous, bright statement fashion is unruly, and new piercings are wayward. Why do we fear that which is different? why do we judge those who are individual? Why do we make assumptions on that which we don't know?
I want to go outside what is expected and set new boundaries. People have always made assumptions; even in Jesus’ life people were judging. Throughout his life he was judged as bad and as an outcast. People judged him for doing miracles; they judged him for doing that which was considered rebellious, such as talking with partiers and going against the set rules. In Angelou’s “Still I rise” she talks about those who don’t agree with her simply because she doesn’t conform and do things the way the world thinks she should. She doesn’t let those who judge her decide who she can and can’t be. She stays true to herself and takes pride in who she is.
God gave me the gift of life and I want to thank him by enjoying it and enjoying it for him. I want to take risks and put my own life on the line for him. I don't know if I will live long or die young, but I hope that I die for God. I want to out step boundaries that have been set and expectations that have been formed. I want to show others that people are different. I want to live my life so fully and so extremely that my testament for God will be just as extreme. I will give my life for God because I am thankful for the life that he has given me. I don't want to live an ordinary life; I don't want to live a simple life. I will be judged by the self-righteous and persecuted by the modern Pharisees. The religious will look me on as rebellious. I will not live a normal life; I will not be the same as those who judge me. I don't care. Who are they to make me feel unworthy? Who are they to label me? Who are they to say whether I look the right way to be loved by God? Only God can label me and only God can judge me. I will be who I am and I am a worshiper of God, the lord almighty. I don't need the approval of others because I am living my life for the God of Abraham and Isaac. I know that Jesus gave his life for me and it is because of that that I will continue living an extreme life. In “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost, he talks about taking the narrow road, the road that few go down. The path I have chosen in life is also narrow. I don’t care if I will be judged, I am going to stay true to myself and continue worshiping God even when the world judges me for it.
Every day we see so many people. I bet we see hundreds of people every day. And we judge every one of them. We judge the bum on the corner with his cardboard sign. We judge the rebel with his blue hair and facial piercings. We judge the altruistic business lady that we pass on the street with her high priced suite. We think the bum is worthless and the rebel is dangerous and the altruistic is snobby. We judge everyone we come into contact with. We think that we, and those like us, are the only ones who are good and safe. In “Seeker Of Truth” by E. E. Cummings, she says that the only path that she wants to be on no path except truth. I want to show people the truth in differences. Does anyone ever consider the other viewpoint? That man who lost everything trying to give hope to the homeless felt shamed when he saw the look of disgust from every passer buyer. The Artistic teen who spent his entire life savings to help under privileged kids in the inner-city learn to express their hurt and experience through art knew that every eye judged him in his differences. The hard working Professor who strived to teach every student what it means to think for themselves and make a difference in the world; She dreamt of this since she was a child even when others told her that her dreams were not achievable for her as a homeless child. Every day we pass hundreds of people. Every day we judge every one of them. Every day we miss judge the majority. We judge by what we see, we never think to look beyond what we can see. We never dream of the potential that people can have. We never think that the people we judge may be one that has made a difference or has attempted to change the world and possibly succeeded. We judge. Often times we tell those that are different that their dreams are useless. We tell them that their aspirations are foolish. We tell them that their life is pointless. Many times those strangers will listen. They will give up their possibilities because the world around them judged them wrong. Don’t let those who say it can’t be done interrupt you when you are doing it because often times the world around us does not know the difference between possible and impossible. Don’t refuse to attempt something just because it is impossible because often times the possible will not work either. You may fail, but how will you know what success feels like if that is all you experience and you never fail? You may fail, but you will never fly if you if you don’t first take a leap of faith. The world will always tell you that your dreams are foolish, but you can’t let that be your deciding factor because your ship will never get you out of the harbor if you don’t take hold of the wheel.
I don’t care what other people think of me. I want to be true to myself so that I can give God praise to the fullest. I want to step out side the boundaries even when I am being judged and persecuted for it. I love expression and I believe that these poets have done an excellent job of expressing their perseverance and the dreams that they have over come. Many people are judged and many people base their goals on judgments. Much like these poets, I will not let other people and their judgments detour me from my goals.

Comments

Popular Posts